Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Thank goodness for Facebook (and spring break)

If it weren't for Facebook I would never get anything posted at all these days - luckily FB does not expect long thoughtful meditations. Short thought bites is all I can manage and all FB wants. So at least folks know I'm still around. Still, I promise more, and now that it's spring break -- which means I can work more leisurely at home preparing syllabi for spring term - updating and recycling last term's "Writing with Style" and the annual spring practicum for grad students on teaching Business Writing, and creating a whole new (to me) course on Critical Reviewing (books, films, food, fashion, art, architecture, etc). All fun of course and all an excellent excuse to read New Yorker, Atlantic, etc. More coming soon.

2 Comments:

Blogger amd said...

I am excited to hear how your critical reviewing course develops! You should check out Shaun's blog - he has a couple of posts on how he reviews DVD's and how that differs from other types of writing/reviews. Pretty interesting.

More on the writing of DVD reviews

11:11 AM  
Blogger Sara Jameson said...

Thanks for the cool tip. I have checked out both of Shaun's posts on that to share with my students - hope that's OK. The book we are using focuses on the arts but not on book reviewing, but I made a course packet on some background on book reviewing. Hilarious article in March Harper's about the Frankfurt book fair, and nice piece in the April Harper's about Hazlitt and the concept of a "man" of letters - and critics etc.

1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home